Our Head Nurse Kathy Kuhn with Mark and Heidi at the New England Camping Convention this March. Although the Luau theme makes it REALLY look like the islands, this was in snowy Manchester, New Hampshire. A good couple days of networking with friends and productive seminars. Getting excited for the summer!
But that is still a little ways away…. Sebago is still frozen over and snowbanks are everywhere. Photos below of sunrise over Mount Washington on March 30th and Moonset at the the beginning of the month.
Spruce Up Weekend!! We are running our Spruce Up Weekend a week earlier this year as we have a wedding at camp on Memorial Day Weekend. So on May 15, 16 and 17th we welcome everyone who is willing to work hard for meals, housing and good company (and our sincere Thanks!). Lots of groundwork projects this year including Little Wohelo Playground and One Billion branches that came down over this big winter. Please sign up in person by e-mailing Mark at [email protected]
Parents Folders were mailed this week to all enrolled families in the United States. All your forms and information are at your on-line Camp InTouch account. There is also a current registration list for both camps listed with your forms. Please contact us with any questions.
A local film enthusiast forwarded a link to an old Wohelo Film he put to new music.
Camp Historical Film to Neil Young Music, https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Availability – Little Wohelo is filled for First and Full session, we have a few spots open for second session and 2nd and 3rd Peep Weeks as of 4/1/15.
Sebago Wohelo has availability for all sessions.
Family Camp has availability for Second Week – August 22nd-29th
New Options for Local Lodging – in a particular order
1. Your own Island. Check out pdf below for Realtor listing of a nearby island. One half mile past Wohelo Island from camp. Green Island
2. Local Land – Heidi owns a parcel in Cathedral Pines development next door. Ready to build on, view of lake. [email protected]
3. A local house, Wohelo alum owner.
The Lakespace House. less than 5 minutes from Camp Wohelo
Please feel free to contact me: Diane Bernard at [email protected] or 610 509 1025
All Rental details on VRBO.com # 699277
3. Northern Pines Resort – longtime business with camp connections, recently updated and not in our current accomodations list. http://norpines.com/NorPines.com/Northern_Pines.html
4. Microtel – Recently built right in Windham, across from the Mini-Golf Park. Boy is it ugly right now, our first Chain Motel of this magnitude. I am sure the rooms are nice and new and it only opened this week so should have availability for most dates. http://www.microtelinn.com/